Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The story thus far...

Okay, so, a blog. When it was recommended to me to start this, I wasn't sure how to do it, or what to say. Well, I've successfully managed the how. Unfortunately, I'm still not sure on the what. Honestly, I'm not that interesting. I go to school. I work. I parent. And I write. Which is why this exists.

I have written stories since elementary school. During middle school I wrote my original characters into Harry Potter, I became an X-man, I was an ice skater. During my Buffy and Angel years, I wrote characters who slayed vampires, most often substituting my characters into familiar scenarios.

I wrote fanfic for a while, in a LOT of areas. Buffy, Angel, Dark Angel, Twilight, Harry Potter, Gilmore Girls. I think that might be all, but I might have missed a couple. Finally, a few years ago, I got an idea worth writing down. An original idea.

I had been writing "books" for a while. Here is how it went: 1. Buy a Five-Star five subject college ruled notebook. 2. Carry it EVERYWHERE and write at all times. 3. Each chapter shall be precisely 5 pages front and back. 4. Each "book" shall have exactly twenty chapters.

It was my formula. I read a lot of Nora Roberts, in which people fell in love and had a happily ever after in 200 pages or less. I liked the stories, so that was the way I wrote. Eventually, I outgrew it. I wanted to write something worth reading. Something that made people want to keep turning the page and that would make them gawk at the end. I wanted to write one of the books that you can't stop thinking about.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm no literary artist, and I'm not writing the next Atlas Shrugged. What I have crafted is a religious thriller that will(I hope) bring your nightmares to life. And I think I've written an ending no one will see coming.

And because I want other people to read this, it was suggested that I start a blog to raise awareness and build an audience. So, I am. I'm sure I'll start with my friends, but hopefully they'll help spread the word, and eventually I'll catch the eye of an agent or a publisher. And hey, if anyone reading this happens to know one, feel free to send them here, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment