Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Blog Hop



Hey everyone! I have the distinct honor of participating in this blog hop. I’m one of the aspiring authors who gets to take part in this, and I’m hoping it will be a great way to meet people and potentially start working on a base.
1. What’s the title of your book? I actually just changed this yesterday to ‘Devil’s Dilemma’

2. Where did the idea come from? Well, this is a toughy. I have been writing for about 15 years, and from the very start, most of what I wrote had some supernatural element. This came out of my enjoyment of those things, and evolved from there. I can’t ever pinpoint exactly what it was that made me write this. I have always tended to think of a character, or a scene, or even a sentence, and I can’t rest until I write the story. This was like that.

3. What genre does your book fall under? I’m told this is urban fantasy, but really, there is something in there for everyone. Elements of horror, a sprinkle of romance, strong female characters, a snarky Angel, y’know, a bit of everything. In all seriousness, I would classify it as supernatural fiction with a religious focus.

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Oh my. I read this question on Adrian’s blog and I have been obsessing over who would play my characters ever since. I have very clear pictures of them in my head, but finding someone who could play them, well, that’s been a tall order! Here’s what I’ve got.
a. Griffin – Adrianne Palicki
b. Braxton – Chris Hemsworth
c. Alaria – Katie Cassidy as a brunette
d. Gabriel – Brad Pitt – longer hair and a goatee, but well groomed
e. Beelzebub – Gabriel Macht
f. Azazel – Hal Ozsan
g. Lilith-  Emily VanCamp
h. Sam – Rachael Taylor
i. Michael – Kevin Durand
j. Gage – Henry Cavill

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? Griffin Javensen was born to die – for a world that destroyed her and a God that abandoned her.

6. Is your book published by an independent publisher? I wish! I am, as yet, unpublished, though I am looking actively for an agent or publisher, or for a referral from another author.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? This took me going on 5 years. But, there is a good reason. I had to write it twice. The first, I was scribbling in a notebook, which went up in flames during a house fire. It took two years for me to face rewriting what I’d already finished, and the second time around, it gave me fits. I wrote 15 chapters, then stopped for almost a year, then wrote 10 chapter and stopped for 8 months, then carved out the last 10 over the next 6. It took FOREVER! But it’s done now! And I’m working on the sequel, so new stuff! Yay!

8. What is in a name? Is there a significance to the names of characters in the book? Well, kind of. Given that this has religious elements, I wanted to stay true to Judeo-Christian views of Angels and demons. So I used some names that are familiar. Beelzebub, Gabriel, Michael, Azazel. Griffin and Braxton were just names I liked, Sam I picked because it sounded somewhat androgynous and she’s a tomboy character. Alaria, honestly, I made up because it sounded pretty evil bitchy to me.

9. What is your writing process? Sometimes I go a week without writing(I absolutely hate when this happens) and sometime I write 10,000 words in one day. My life is EXTREMELY busy. I say that sometimes my muse won’t let me write, and sometimes she won’t let me do anything else.

10. What are you working on now? I am working on a series stemming from Devil’s Dilemma. The first focuses on Greer and Damon, the second on Gage and Aradia, the third on Braxton and Alaria, and the final will focus on Amaya. Like Chosen, there is romance in these, but they are ensemble works in that all six of the characters are pretty much equally featured throughout all three of the books. I’m about 25% through the first, which I have not yet titled. I’m toying with having a theme, so the name I’m considering is ‘Devil’s Deliverance’

I did not realize until I was already done answering that only 5 questions were required, so you got all ten! Lucky you! If you have any questions, need to contact me, or want more information, please feel free to contact me. And please continue reading the blog hop. This is a great opportunity for a lot of new and aspiring authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment